Comprehensive Network and Server Health Check
comprehensive IT health Check from Pendle Connections will
help you make sure your IT is as fast and reliable as
possible, and highlight any potential future problems before
they occur. Our unique 150 point IT Health Check is an
intensive half or full day analysis covering network setup,
performance, security as well as data storage and backup and
whether individual PCs and laptops are running efficiently.
With our health check, we provide a detailed report which we
discuss with you in detail. All the technical jargon is
clearly explained in plain english with direct references to
how they affect your business. So you can make informed
decisions on what action to take.
Here are just some of the issues we cover in our health
1. Is your business effectively networked?
- Is your data shared and accessible from all of your PCs
- Are your printers shared and accessible from all of your PCs
- Can you access your data and email while away from the office
- Is your network fast and reliable
2. Are you completely protected from internet threats?
- Are all your PCs and laptops protected from viruses and
- Is your server protected from viruses and spyware
- Is your email protected from viruses and spam
- Is your antivirus software managed centrally on your
- Is your employees' web browsing monitored for
and are web sites scanned for viruses and spyware
3. Is your data secure?
- Is your data and email backed up more than once a day
- Do you have any data or email on laptops and PCs that is
not backed up
- Are your backups stored away from the office
- Do you regularly test that your backups can be restored
- Is your data secure from unauthorised access
- Is your data safe from loss through hardware or power failure
4. Is your network secure?
- Are all of your PCs and servers up to date with security patches
- Is your firewall correctly configured and secure from hackers
- Do all of your users have secure passwords which change regularly
5. Is your business making the most from the internet?
- Does your company have a fast reliable internet connection
- Do you want to monitor or manage your employees' internet access
- Are you using a managed online backup service for your
- Have you considered cloud services such as Hosted Exchange
and Office 365
6. How healthy is your server?
- Are there any performance issues which could be slowing down your server
- Is the configuration of your server optimal or could
anything be improved
- Is Microsoft's Windows Server Update Services installed to keep the server and PCs up to date with the latest Microsoft updates
- Are the server vendor's hardware management tools installed to report if hardware faults and disk failures are detected
- Does the server have the latest firmware and device
- Is Microsoft's Best Practices Analyser installed and is it reporting any issues with the software or server configuration
- What level of warranty does the server have against hardware failures
- Does the server have a UPS to protect against power
failures and is this correctly configured and working
7. Operational issues
- Do any of your PCs or laptops have any unlicensed software
- Do you have a hardware/software inventory system for PCs and laptops
- Do you use Microsoft's deployment tools for easy,
automated installation of Windows on new computers and for
reinstalling existing PCs
We are happy to provide a free 1 hour consultancy to any business in the local area looking to review their business computer network requirements. Please call us on 01483 268936 to book your free consultancy now.
Click here to book your FREE computer network consultation